- FILM FESTIVAL
- HOME PROJECT
- FILM ACADEMY
- FILM ON AMORGOS
We are excited to introduce our 5th Film Academy, which will take place conjunctively with the 13th International Amorgos Film Festival and is aimed at students and filmmakers from around the world! The participants will have the opportunity to participate in 5-day intensive workshops, which will cover the basic spectrum of filmmaking, from the conception of an idea to the logistics of production and distribution.
– Learn the skills you need to tell stories through film.
– Meet like-minded people, collaborate on projects or simply share ideas and experiences.
The filmmaking classes will be run by a pool of international creative experts with fresh and innovative ideas and years of experience in the film and audiovisual industries. Following the Film Academy sessions, participants will have the opportunity to attend the International Amorgos Film Festival, participating in all screenings, presentations, speeches, as well as recreational activities, and tours around the island of Amorgos. The short films created by the participants during the Film Academy sessions will com-pete at the Festival for a first, second, and third prize.
1. Is filmmaking your passion?
2. Have you always wanted to combine filmmaking training with an incredibly inspiring location that can serve as a source of endless inspiration for you?
Then Amorgos Film Academy is the ideal choice for you! There you can put your dreams into practice. Get inspired by the powerful positive energy of Amorgos Island to give life to your creative ideas!
Welcome to an oasis of luxury and peace where you will experience comfort, elegance and plenty of inspiration. Famous for being a top yoga destination worldwide, at Aegialis Hotel and Spa we offer 5 beautiful yoga shalas and an outdoor rooftop, with direct views to the crystal clear Aegean sea and the Amorgian mountainous landscape. Each shala comes with high end complimentary props and a unique energy of tranquility and bliss. We have welcomed over 700 yoga groups from all over the world to experience the magic of Amorgos island with Aegialis. Every year, more than 2000 yoga enthusiasts come to Aegialis to explore their yoga, meditation and wellness practices. Your experience here will be one of tranquillity, transformation and joy. We are happy to welcome you to our beautiful island.
• Transfers upon arrival and departure on Amorgos (port-hotel-port)
• 10 nights’ accommodation in the room of choice, at 5* Aegialis Hotel & Spa. All the rooms have amazing sea views, private entrances, and private balconies.
• Greek American buffet breakfast daily
• Lunch & Dinner daily, including water and herbal tea
• Vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options are provided as well
• All meals are prepared with organic ingredients and most of the vegetables are grown in our garden
• Attendance of all classes, lectures, and workshops
• Attendance of the Film Festival.
• One Cooking class and wine Tasting.
• One guided Hiking and Herbal tour, with a visit to a traditional local house.
• Guided tours all around the island to get to know the history.
• Participation in olive harvesting, joining the farmers, and visit to the local olive press.
• A boat trip around the coastline, with the fishermen.
• Free use of all Spa facilities (sauna, hammam, Jacuzzi, indoor seawater pool, and gym).
• One 30′ relaxing massage
• 10% discount on Face and Body treatments at Lalon Idor Spa
• Wireless internet in all spaces of the resort
Laurence Koe – Producer & Director
Kostas Karydas – Post-production & Visual Effects
Jonas Saul – Best seller writer
Kostas Skiftas – Film Direction
Konstantinos Moutsinas – Film production
Yiannis Koutsomitis – Producer & director
Bill Kyrou – Narrative Storytelling
Andreas Labropoulos – Cinematography