Press Release – 2013
5TH PANCYCLADIC CONVENTION OF WOMEN ASSOCIATIONS – TINOS 17-19/05/2013
” Tinos, Women & Art”
The 5th Pancycladic Convention of Women Associations was successfully completed on the 18th and the 19th of May 2013, Tinos.
- “Evangelismos” of Tinos
- The Women’s Association of Tinos
- The Cultural Association of Women of Tholaria – Amorgos
- The Women’s Association of Andros
- The Women’s Cultural Association of Kea
- Women’s Association of Kythnos
- The Women’s Association of Milos
- The Association “Anomeritisses” of Ano Mera Mykonos
- The Cultural Folklore Association of Women of Mykonos
- The Women’s Association ” Ariis “of Paros
- The Women’s Association Marpissas of Paros
- The Women’s Association of Serifos ‘ Andromeda ‘
- The Cultural Association of Sifnos
- The Agrototourism Women Cooperative of Syros “The Castri »
- The Panhellenic Association of Women and “Seamen’s Families” Association of Syros
The opening of the Convention was made by the Women’s Choir of Tinos and the author Konstantinos Danousis mafde a speech about ” Tinos, Women & Art” .
Representatives of all women associations from the Cyclades presented the activities of women and the arts which have developed over the centuries.
Mrs. Irene Giannakopoulos , president of the Cultural Association Tholaria Amorgos talked about the Amorgians Tunics, the Amorgian embroidery and the popular herbs of Amorgos forerunners of alternative therapies.
Tours have been organized to visit the Monastery of Ag.Pelagia, the Museum Tsokli, the Museum of Marble Sculpture and to discover the different villages of Tinos.
The Tinian ladies presented their traditional gastronomy and dances. The music gave a very special atmosphere to the night dedicated to Tinian culture.
The necessary work for the creation of the Federation of Pancycladic Women’s Association, which began in the 4th Women’s Conference (Amorgos 2012) has been completed.
The 5th Pancycladic Convention of Women Associations took place at the Cultural Foundation of Tinos and was under the auspices and sponsorship of the Municipality of Tinos and the South Aegean Region .